WISE Employment provides disability employment, training, work advice and employment support to help you get ready for work. We get to know you then offer personalised support to help you find a job and become self-sufficient through employment. Our WISE Employment offices are located in New South Wales, Northern Territory, South Australia, Tasmania and Victoria, across regional areas, as well as the metropolitan centres of Melbourne, Sydney, Hobart, Devonport, Launceston, Adelaide, Darwin and Alice Springs.
We help job seekers under the Australian Government’s jobactive and Disability Employment Services employment programs. Depending on your circumstances, skills and abilities, we offer as little or as much help as you need. We find work for a diverse range of jobseekers who:
- have difficulty finding work due to disability or illness, including mental illness (including anxiety, bipolar, depression)
- are unemployed for a short time or a long time
- have been retrenched
- are considering returning to work after caring for family
- are young people (youth employment), or a mature-age job seekers requiring mature-age employment services (for job seekers aged 50 and above)
- are Indigenous Australians, asylum seekers or refugees.
From offices across Victoria, Tasmania, Northern Territory, South Australia and New South Wales, our staff tailor an employment plan that can include a mix of job support services, education, training and work experience to help you along your journey to employment and self-sufficiency.
We offer assistance to job seekers under the jobactive and Disability Employment Services (DES) initiatives. Under jobactive, we work one-on-one with job seekers from all backgrounds to help them find jobs that they enjoy so they are likely to stay employed longer. And for DES job seekers who might need a bit more support, we also offer personalised support to help people who have an injury, illness - including mental illness - or other disability enjoy the independence that comes with a rewarding job. Our services to all job seekers include: