Interskills, the South Australian training arm of WISE Employment, is proud to be a contracted supplier of teaching and assessment services under the Skills for Education and Employment (SEE) program funded by the Australian Government.
The SEE program provides language, literacy and numeracy training to job seekers who find it hard to get work. Job seekers are referred to the program by the Department of Human Services, Employment Service Providers including the Remote Jobs and Communities Program. SEE was previously known as the Language, Literacy and Numeracy Program.
For job seekers
If you are not confident with reading, writing and maths, you may find it hard to get a job.
You may also find it hard to do everyday things, like reading bus timetables and doing your banking.
The SEE program can help you get the job you want by:
• improving your reading, writing and maths
• boosting your confidence.
What kind of training?
You can get up to 800 hours of free accredited training, starting at your own level and working at your own pace.
You can train part-time or fulltime while still looking for work or caring for your family.
We can help if you:
• are from a non-English speaking background and need English language training at basic or advanced levels
• need literacy and numeracy training at basic or advanced levels
• need advanced training for work purposes.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible for the SEE program if you:
• are 15 to 64 years old
• are registered as a job seeker with Centrelink in South Australia
• are not a full-time student
• meet the rules on visa status and benefits
How do I get referred?
To find out if you can take part in this program and get a referral, contact Interskills on 08 8416 6500 or 1800 779 574.