WISE Employment aims to offer website content that conforms to W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 1.0 at Level AA.
Adhering to guidelines for accessible web design enables the diversity of communication methods, available technologies and abilities of web-users in the community to be acknowledged.
Accessible web design
Our website has been developed to ensure content is available to the widest possible audience, including readers using assistive technology or accessibility features. Our website conforms to W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). The public pages on this site meet the criteria for AA compliance with WCAG guidelines, and has been checked using AChecker and Powermapper.
This site meets all the coding criteria for compliance with W3C CSS (cascading style sheets) and HTML 4.01 Transitional. Visit www.w3c.org for more information.
Converting PDF files
Some documents on this website are provided as PDF files. The Adobe website provides online conversion tools to convert Adobe PDF files to plain text or HTML files. To access this service, go to Convert PDFs to Word, RTF, spreadsheets or other formats.
Alternatively, the Adobe PDF file can be submitted as a MIME attachment to an email message. For plain text, email the attached PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. For HTML, email the attached PDF to email@example.com.
WISE Employment strives to conform to W3C's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines:
1. Provide equivalent alternatives to auditory and visual content.
2. Don't rely on colour alone.
3. Use markup and style sheets.
4. Clarify natural language usage.
5. Create tables that transform gracefully.
6. Ensure that pages featuring new technologies transform gracefully.
7. Ensure user control of time-sensitive content changes.
8. Ensure direct accessibility of embedded user interfaces.
9. Design for device-independence.
10. Use interim solutions.
11. Use W3C technologies and guidelines.
12. Provide context and orientation information.
13. Provide clear navigation mechanisms.
14. Ensure that documents are clear and simple.