WISE Employment is registered to provide National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) supports to people aged 15-24 via its offices in Devonport, Hobart and Launceston, who all also offer employment assistance to people who have a disability.
The NDIS provides individualised support for people with disability, their families and carers. The scheme aims to:
• build independence at whatever degree of disability people have
• give people who have a disability control over their funds and choice as to who provides them with assistance
WISE Employment welcomes the opportunity to deliver additional services and support over and above employment to people with disability, including social assistance in daily activities, community engagement, and public transport training.
Are you aged 15-24, live in Tasmania, and have a disability?
WISE Employment can help you via its NDIS supports:
Be involved in your community
• Go shopping, visit the library or other places of interest to you
• Join a bush-walking group of go to a festival
• Go to a sports game or concert
• Join a sports team
Get a job
• Identify your job interests
• Build your skills and knowledge
• Match you with a local job
• Help you to stay in your job
Use public transport
• Learn about the types of transport
• Dos and don’ts when using public transport
• Plan your trip
Why choose WISE Employment for your NDIS supports?
• For over 20 years we’ve been helping people with disability gain independence in their lives.
• It’s about building up your skills and capacity to tackle those barriers that get in the way of achieving your goals.
• We’ll help you develop the confidence you need to get involved in your community, use public services like public transport, and can help you find a job.
• Our aim is to give you choice and control over your life.
WISE Employment is recruiting casual support workers to assist people in our NDIS program
Are you living in Hobart, Launceston or Devonport, and looking for casual work that may include weekends? You may be at Uni/TAFE or just not working full-time. If you have a genuine interest in people, then helping those who have a disability go about their daily activities like shopping, going to the library, and attending sports events might be for you.
If this sounds interesting, you can find out more about our NDIS Support Worker roles by contacting our offices in Devonport, Hobart or Launceston. Having experience of family/friends who have a disability is an advantage, but not a requirement.
If this sounds like you, please contact your nearest WISE Employment office below to indicate your interest: